The goal of the Permit Division is to assist the public by providing an efficient and stream-lined process as well as prompt and courteous service. Permit staff is responsible for maintaining and updating information in order to assist citizens in understanding and applying the permitting regulations provided by the Monroe Municipal Code.
PERMIT SUBMITTAL OPTIONS:
- ELECTRONIC Please see the attached general requirements that outlines the minimum submittal standards for electronic reviews. Our primary source for receiving electronic applications, sending approved permits and all supporting documents associated with the project is ShareFile. To request a link to upload your documents to, you can use the email addresses below. This link will be active for 180 days and can be used to upload new permits and revisions as well.
- For Building, Engineering, and Fire Department permit submittals and information on uploading permit documents: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Land Use/Development permit submittals and information on uploading permit documents: email@example.com.
- For smaller project submittals that do not exceed 5 mb, you can email the permit and documents directly to the applicable email address.
- IN PERSON If you prefer to submit an application in person at City Hall, please call 360.863.4501 for an intake appointment. You will need to provide (1) original plus (1) copy of all checklist items in addition to a CD with individual PDFs of each of the required items.
- Visit our website here to pay by credit card (you will be assessed a 3.25% fee in addition to the permit fee OR you can pay by bank account for no additional fee). You must have the amount and permit application number(s) for reference.
- A check, made out to the City of Monroe, can be sent in the mail to City Hall at 806 W Main St Monroe, WA 98272 - Attn: Permit Center with reference to app # provided.
- Fees can be paid in person at City Hall via credit card, cash or check (if using a credit card, you will still be assessed a 3.25% fee in addition to the permit fee).
PERMIT APPLICATION PACKETS:
Click on Permit Applications on the side bar to access Building, Land Use, Engineering and Fire Department application packets.
NOTE: (We are currently in the process of updating our Land Use permit application packets, so if you need assistance, please call the Permit Center).
If you have questions with regards to the specifics of the Monroe Municipal Code, permits, project status or project updates, please feel free to contact us at 360.863.4501.