For further information regarding the Governor’s order issued Friday, June 5, 2020 updates on construction activity and inspections, please go here.
The goal of the Permit Division is to assist the public by providing an efficient and stream-lined process as well as prompt and courteous service. Permit staff is responsible for maintaining and updating information in order to assist citizens in understanding and applying the permitting regulations provided by the Monroe Municipal Code.
PERMIT SUBMITTAL OPTIONS:
- ELECTRONIC Please see the attached general requirements that outline the minimum submittal standards for electronic reviews. Our primary source for receiving electronic applications, sending approved permits and all supporting documents associated with the project is ShareFile. To request a link to upload your documents to, you can use the email addresses below. This link will be active for 180 days and can be used to upload new permits and revisions as well.
- For Building, Engineering, and Fire Department permit submittals and information on uploading permit documents: email@example.com
- For Land Use/Development permit submittals and information on uploading permit documents: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For smaller project submittals that do not exceed 5 mb, you can email the permit and documents directly to the applicable email address.
- IN PERSON If you prefer to submit an application in person at City Hall, please call 360.863.4501 for an intake appointment. You will need to provide (1) original plus (1) copy of all checklist items in addition to a CD with individual PDFs of each of the required items.
June 8, 2020 Update - Snohomish County has moved into Phase II; however, Monroe City Hall will continue to remain closed to the public. Payments for permits will only be accepted through the mail or on the city website at the link provided below.
- Visit our website here to pay by credit card (you will be assessed a 3.25% fee in addition to the permit fee OR you can pay by bank account for no additional fee). You must have the amount and permit application number(s) for reference.
- A check, made out to the City of Monroe, can be sent in the mail to City Hall at 806 W Main St Monroe, WA 98272 - Attn: Permit Center with reference to application # provided.
PERMIT APPLICATION PACKETS:
Click on Permit Applications on the side bar to access Building, Land Use, Engineering and Fire Department application packets. If you have questions with regards to the specifics of the Monroe Municipal Code, permits, project status or project updates, please feel free to contact us at (360) 863-4501. If you’re not able to locate a specific application type, please contact the Permit Center.